Beaverdale Books Indie’s First
Sparkle Abbey Bookseller for a Day at Beaverdale Books 1:00 – 2:00 PM
Saturday, November 28th Sparkle Abbey will be among several Iowa authors who will support independent bookstores by working as booksellers at local indie, Beaverdale Books.
Indies First is a program of the American Booksellers Association (www.bookweb.org) and is a national campaign of activities and events in support of independent bookstores, first envisioned by author Sherman Alexie in 2013. It kicks off each November, on Small Business Saturday (November 28, 2015), when independent bookstores host authors as honorary booksellers throughout the day to help sell and sign books, share recommendations, give readings, and more.
Cheryl Strayed, the bestselling author of Wild, Tiny Beautiful Things, Torch, and the forthcoming Brave Enough, is the 2015 official spokesperson for Indies First. Other authors who have spearheaded the campaign include Kate DiCamillo, Neil Gaiman, and Amanda Palmer. In 2014 Daniel Handler (aka Lemony Snicket) began Upstream, a bookstore-author partnership that connects authors with their local independent booksellers to offer signed books.
More information about the event and the schedule of authors is available via Beaverdale Books website:www.beaverdalebooks.com or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 515-279-5400
- Dec, 05: Desperate Housedogs Special
- Oct, 23: Fall 2016 – Where did summer go?
- Jul, 07: More Summer Appearances
- May, 31: Sparkle Abbey on the Road
- Mar, 03: We’ve got news X 2!
- Dec, 23: Looking for a holiday treat? Here’s one that’s calorie free!
- Nov, 27: Beaverdale Books Indie’s First
- Sep, 30: Fall Has Arrived!
- Apr, 01: Where in the world is Sparkle Abbey?
- Aug, 26: Writing Process Blog Tour